Working Papers

A New Hampshire Youth Employment Certificate ("working papers") is required for any youth under the age of 16 seeking to work a job. The Department of Labor now allows parents to apply for this certificate online by using this link:

How do youths 12-15 years old get a New Hampshire Youth Employment Certificate?

First they find a job. Then the employer completes a form called an Employer's Request for Child Labor and gives it to them. The youth takes that form to their local school or school superintendent's office, or to their parent, to obtain a signed certificate (RSA 276-A:5), after the determination of a satisfactory level of academic performance by the student. The youth takes the certificate back to the employer.

The Department can also be reached at (603) 271-3176 for any additional questions.